Documents Required to Play
Pop Warner requires the following in order to participate:
Player paperwork required: (please provide For Team Manager by Aug. 1st 2013)
1) Copy of birth certificate
2) 2013 physical (on official Pop Warner form given out at sign ups) Must be done after December 31st
3) 4th quarter report card (home school students need a letter from their parent)
The three above mentioned items must be provided to the team manager for the team book in order for the player to be eligible to play. All three must be kept in the team book throughout the year.
Joseph A. Dillenbeck
Joey lost his life in a house fire early
morning. He was a first year player for Pulaski Area Pop Warner. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be missed by all.
- Programs in 43 States & 6 Countries– Pop Warner Little Scholars has active programs in 42 states and 6 different countries. It is a national organization with a proven formula for success with youth football.
- No Tryouts!– Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
- More than just athletes! – Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play. We believe that the standards we have set give these children a sense of responsibility and an appreciation for academics and athletics that will help them develop later on in life.
- "Little Scholars"– Pop Warner Little Scholars, Inc. is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom. Each year, the most academically accomplished Pop Warner kids compete for Academic All-American status, and are rewarded on several different levels (I.e. National, Regional, League, etc.).
- Stability– Heading into our 80th year, Pop Warner Little Scholars is the oldest national youth football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by Joe Tomlin in Philadelphia as four-team conference, we now have over 130 leagues and over 380,000 members. Pulaski Area Pop Warner Football and Cheer is now in its 20th season
- It's Inexpensive– Signing up for Pop Warner Football is inexpensive. A typical registration fee for each participant ranges from about $95 for the season, which includes equipment, uniforms, officials, field space, etc.
- Mandatory Play Requirements– Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, which means that all kids are guaranteed to play in each game if they are healthy and in good-standing with the team/league.
- Age-Weight Structure– Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. National Pop Warner set and we enforce a strict age weight matrix that reduces the risk of injuries.
- Volunteers & Coaches– We have volunteers and coaches that are being trained every year to offer the best and safest programs for you and your children. Each position is strictly a volunteer position.
- It all starts here– The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) estimates that between 60% and 70% of all NFL players began their careers playing Pop Warner Football.
- Background Checks– For the 8th consecutive season, Pop Warner is required to annually conduct a background check of Coaches, Board of Directors members and any other persons who volunteers and provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
- Safety, Safety, Safety!– Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program (local, regional and national) that sets and enforces a strict age weight matrix that reduces the risk and reality of injuries. Did you know that Pop Warner football is safer than soccer? Pop Warner football has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5-15 year olds than organized soccer in the same age range!
- National Rule Book– Each Pop Warner Region, League and Association receive free National rule books for their organizations.
- Administrative Manual– Each Pop Warner Region, League and Association receive free National Administrative Manuals, designed to keep each League and Association current on all administrative matters, as well as to facilitate the daily operational management of those local organizations. P.A.P.W. also provides personalized guideline specific to our area.
- NFL Youth Football Partner– Pop Warner is a proud NFL Youth Football Partner.
- Coaches and Adult Codes– All coaches, football and spirit participants must abide by a Code of Conduct which includes several provisions. If any of these rules are broken, the League shall have the authority to impose a penalty
- We surround ourselves with the best– Pop Warner is proud to have numerous outstanding sponsors, fundraisers and partners who support our kids to try to ensure a positive experience.
- Top of the Line Equipment– Pulaski Area Pop Warner provides only quality equipment from top name brands like Riddell, Schutt, Under Armor and Nike.
- Professional Replica Uniforms – Pulaski AREA Pop Warner provides teams the opportunity to look like their area's professional affiliated pro team.
1. Needs to be outgoing, motivated and able to answer parents questions.
2. Attend all Team Mom meetings.
3. Communicate all information to parents (Ex. assist calling on practice cancellations, game times and up-coming events.
4. Provide contact information to all parents.
5. Work with coaches.
6. Pass-out order forms for fundraisers, pictures, T-shirts and collect all money on time to be turned in to the league.
7. Get started on pre-paring for 2013! (Ex. ordering for the players, carnations and a small gift for the cheerleaders from the players, getting with other parents to make signs, noise makers and paint vehicles the night before.
8. Needs to fill out a volunteer form.